- New Patient Registration Form
- Request & Consent - Transfer of Medical Records
- Medical Certificate for Motor Vehicle Driver
North Shore Medical Centre operates on an appointment system. Every effort will be made to accommodate your preferred time with the doctor of your choice.
Standard Consultations - are up to 15min for one patient and generally cover only the one health concern.
Long Consultations - are recommended for complex health concerns, counselling and surgical procedures that may also require a nurse's assistance. Therefore, please advise reception of your needs when booking to ensure an appropriate appointment time is booked. If in doubt please ask!
Reception staff will endeavour to contact you if your doctor is away.
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please notify us in advance (preferably 24hrs) if you are unable to attend. Failure to attend appointments is noted and may result in non-attendance fees being charged.
Home visits - are available for our regular patients based on need and doctor availability. Please ring the surgery for details.
Whatever your preferred language, we can help you organise an interpreter to assist with any language barriers. North Shore Medical Centre uses TIS national (Translating and Interpreting Service) - for more information click here.
Out of Hours Care
If it is an EMERGENCY Call:
If it's not an emergency call:
- 13HEALTH (1343 2584) which offers a 24hr/day Health Advice Service where Registered Nurses are available 24 hours a day to advise you on what to do or visit their website
- 13SICK (13 74 25) for the National Home Doctor Service who provide out of hours, bulk billed, home visits or visit their website
If you are a regular registered patient of this practice, you may request routine prescriptions HERE. However please note;
- This service is only available for existing patients.
- Requests for repeat prescriptions may take up to three (3) business days to be processed. Urgent requests will be completed within 24 business hours, however, this is subject to your regular doctor consulting on the day of receiving the request and having approved the request on clinical grounds.
- Requests will only be completed by your regular doctor at the clinic. In the event, that your regular doctor is on leave you are required to make an appointment at the clinic to obtain your prescription.
- Delivery via mail may take up to 5 business days to arrive. If you require your prescription earlier, we advise that you collect these from the clinic directly.
- Each prescription request is assessed by your doctor who will approve or decline the request on clinical grounds. If the request is declined, you will be advised to make an appointment in-person.
- A fee is charged for each request. Urgent requests attract a higher fee.
- You may select more than one medication with each request. However, if your request is declined, you will receive an immediate refund.
- Repeat prescriptions for addictive medication including benzodiazepines and opiates are not provided using this service.
(please refer to our Letter to Patients regarding repeat prescription requests)
Alternatively, please speak with our reception team regarding an appropriate time to see your Doctor.
Telephoning Your Doctor
Our Doctors may be contacted during normal surgery hours. If the Doctor is already in consultation with another patient, a message will be taken and reception will advise when the doctor may be able to return your call. If your call is an emergency please communicate the nature of this emergency to reception and every endeavour will be made to put you through to a Doctor.
We encourage our patients to ring for their results. Note you will only be called by the surgery if the Doctor has marked your results as requiring a "Recall" appointment. Please be aware, staff are not authorised to give test results or medical advice over the phone without the doctors explicit direction.
Fees And Billing Arrangements
North Shore Medical Centre is a mixed billing practice.
As this practice strives for excellence and maintains high medical accreditation standards, our fees reflect the quality of our care. Payment when charged, is due at time of consultation and can be made via cash, credit card or eftpos. Please note we can refund your Medicare rebate directly back to your account if your banking details are registered with Medicare.
Incoming reports and results are checked by our doctors on a daily basis and those requiring follow-up will be marked for a "Recall" appointment by the doctor. These "recall" lists are followed up daily and every attempt is made to schedule a timely appointment. It is vital therefore that we not only have your current contact details but also an alternative emergency contact should you not be available.
Your doctor may also place "Reminders" in your file regarding due dates for certain preventative health reviews, tests or other additional follow-up actions required. Periodically you will be contacted via SMS and/or Phone as and when these "Reminders" are due. Please let your doctor know if you do not wish "Reminders" to be sent to you.
Management Of Personal Health Information
This practice is committed to protecting the privacy of patient information and to handling your personal information in a responsible manner, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998, the Privacy Amendment Act 2012 and relevant state and territory privacy legislation.
Further information is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or go to their website
We hope to provide a professional, quality and caring medical service for our patients. If you have any concerns, suggestions or complaints regarding any aspect of our service, we would appreciate hearing from you and take your feedback seriously.
Phone: (07) 5448 9200
North Shore Medical Centre,
PO Box 9547
Pacific Paradise 4564
Office of the Health Ombudsman (OHO)
If you feel there is a problem that you would rather discuss outside of the practice, you may prefer to contact the Queensland Government Centre for handling complaints.
GPO Box 13281 George St,
Brisbane, Qld, 4003.
From time to time we will invite patients to complete questionnaires expressing your views on the practice and how we could improve. These surveys help us to continually improve our services and are completely confidential.